Dear First Parish Stoughton Community,
We are aware that the COVID-19 virus is on everyone’s minds at the present time. The First Parish Board and others in our congregation are paying attention to this issue and making decisions based on best practice recommendations from local and global public health authorities.
According to the Massachusetts Department of Health, the risk of getting infected by the virus still remains low in our state so we are not, at this time, cancelling services, meetings, or other First Parish gatherings. We will make sure our building is well-stocked with hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes, hand soap, paper towels, and tissues.
We encourage everyone to follow current prevention guidelines:
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home and/or keep your little ones home if experiencing flu-like symptoms. Be in touch if you are sick and you need help.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose and mouth, with unwashed hands.
- Cough & sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and throw the tissue away.
- No-Contact greetings, refrain from hand shaking. Use a wave or elbow bump to greet instead.
- Avoid sharing items such as pens, water bottles, utensils, towels, lip balm, etc.
- Masks should only be worn if recommended by a healthcare professional.
You can find up-to-date recommendations on the CDC website:
Please reach out to the Caring Committee by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for any additional support around this issue. If you are feeling anxious about attending meetings or services, rest assured that everyone understands if you choose to stay home during this time.
We will revise this plan as needed as the situation and recommendations change. Updates will be sent by email, and posted on Facebook and the website.
First Parish Board of Trustees
March 7, 2020